HOMEMADE ALMOND SPREAD
Preparation time: 20 min
Homemade almond spread made quickly and easily. All you need is a good blender that can grind nuts and the ingredients below:
300 g almonds
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp raw cacao
1 tbs coconut oil (optional, it makes it easier to spread)
2 tbs sweetener of your choice (agave, rice, date syrup)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spread almonds on the baking tray and put them in the oven for 10 minutes. Toss the almonds after 5 minutes of baking.
2. Take almonds out of the oven and cool them for about 10 minutes so they are not hot but warm.
3. Add almonds to a blender and blend until you get a creamy mixture. You may help yourself with a blender plunger. Almonds are first ground into flour and the mixture becomes creamier the more you blend them.
4. When you get a creamy mixture, add salt, cinnamon, raw cacao, sweetener, and coconut oil (optional, if you feel that the spread is too thick). Blend for a few more minutes so that the ingredients combine and the mixture is creamy again.
5. Add almond spread to a jar and leave it to cool at room temperature. Then store it in the fridge. Use within 2 weeks.
Use your imagination and tailor the recipe to your taste. Enjoy creativity and Bon Appetit.